Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Thursday, March 1

Jump into the Ocean?

Today, as the snow finally starts to bombard New England -- my thoughts are on fire as I think of the impromptu conversation I had yesterday with my dear friend Nat. BTW, the power of the internet is amazing -- as I can have a face to face conversation via Skype and talk about the meaning of the universe, the sharks in the water and everything in between -- and be here in my cozy house in Maine making a cup of coffee and she in her studio. Amazing!
Anyway, as our discussion turned to the sharks in the water, I said to her, Nat -- it's time to make a decision. Is it time to jump into the ocean -- or should I stay on the shore? Of course, we were talking metaphorically -- but you get the gist. 
I promised her that my art journal page and blog post would be about that today. I also promised no flowers, but THAT didn't happen -- ha ha! So, here we go. 
My thinking goes back to recent art journal pages and blog posts I've made about making art, sharing it and supporting each other.  Here's a quick link: The Garden of Good -- I Dare You -- Do It For Art -- The Flower
So what I want to say today is....there's room for everyone. In some way -- but you have to remember why you make art or whatever it is that you are passionate about. 
So as you think about jumping into the ocean and swimming with the sharks, don't be afraid to be that pretty flower. Share your art. Lift up and support your friends, give it ALL. Don't hold back. Even though you may empty your well -- it will always be filled up again.  Stay true to your heart, get back to your foundation, your grass roots. Follow your passion and you will be successful. 

Do it for yourself, do it because you love it -- not to be successful -- or to impress someone -- or even to make a buck. The money thing and everything else will fall into place if it's meant to for you. Be true to your heart, your art and the sharks will starve! Karma will get them. hmmm. maybe I'll talk about that tomorrow. 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a great day. There's no school or work today and the kid-let and very significant other are home and I've got to share my creative space with them. Hmmm, that may be why I haven't gotten a lick of anything done today! ha ha. 

Go out and MAKE art today! 

1 comment:

  1. Another great post...you are a philosopher and your art comes from that place ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.