Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Thursday, February 16

i DARE you!

It's funny how the universe has a way of sending out a message right when you (or a friend) needs to hear it. Yesterday I was playing in my Art Journal -- and got into a little FB conversation with a friend about if she had an art journal. She said she didn't, that she was afraid because she hadn't made art in such a long time. I had JUST finished this base to my art journal page for the day -- so I took the picture and shared it with her, I think it was just the message she needed to hear.  I hope she starts making art again. 

But as I worked on the page to add more color, more words, some image transfers, some stamping -- as it began to transform before my eyes -- it became clear to me that it was the message I needed to hear -- RIGHT HERE, RIGHT now. TODAY!
It really is time to think of yourself as a success!
I feel like I am at a cross road. The road to creativity on the left will take me one way, it is a path I have travelled often and has been successful for me. I have travelled it 3,730,705.37 times -- ha ha -- that's really just a random number -- but you get the point. I've kept it comfortable. Stayed on the safe path. 

will you just look at that messy desk!

 Is it time to take a risk? Time to get on the road that's not known or even well travelled. It's thick with brambles and over-grown. It's scary -- just like for many people. But they do it. It's not comfortable, but us creative types -- we're used to putting it out there and getting judged, criticised and the jealousy. We can take it -- I CAN TAKE IT, because I'm tough. Well, not really. I may have a hard coating but I'm really a bowl of mush on the inside, ha ha.
I love those vintage number stamps, they work best with india ink as they are pretty pitted and well-used!
The question du jour is: is it time to make a change. I know it's time to start thinking of myself as a successful artist and designer. But the change part, well I'm still letting this percolate -- there is so much to consider. 

So, I'm going to leave you with that ;-) Thank you so much for stopping by -- the thought to ponder for today -- do you know where your path is leading you? Hope you have a cREAtiVe day! See you next time!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.