Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, August 14

It's a NEW Day, Make it Count!

Whenever I have a bad day -- or something happens that makes me pause or shocks me -- I say to myself tomorrow is a new day. Not that yesterday was one of those days -- it wasn't at all. It was a slow, relaxing day -- much different from recent days. We stayed home. Picked tomatoes, went in the pool, mowed the lawn, drank cucumber smoothies and I painted while sweet boy went to the neighbors house (my brother, ha ha) to play Monopoly. A relaxing day indeed.
A good day. Making art. Hangin'. Chillin'. Jump-Ropin'.  Catching up with old friends.
Anyway, you aren't here for what I did yesterday -- you are here for the art ;-) So I'll get on with it. Usually when I start a new journal page I have a quote chosen and ready to go. This page was different, in that I was going to scan it and add the quote with my computer. At least that's what the plan was when I went to bed last night. I had started it the other day and finally added some color to give it some personality. But the quote part, nothing was coming to me. 
This morning when I got up I decided that a computer quote wasn't going to work. The whole idea of my journal pages and adding quotes to them is to get my hand-writing in there. It was a new day after-all -- with so many possibilities.
After futzing with a few pictures on Hipstamatic decided on this quote about today.  It's a combination of my words and the words from a fun little notepad I have called "100 Gathered Thoughts (for my beautiful child) & Papers for Brilliant Ideas and Laundry Lists" by Sugarboo Designs. I love this note pad and use it for a lot of the collaged backgrounds on my Whatevers pages.  Maybe it is because I found the quote first thing in the morning -- and we have the WHOLE day ahead of us -- but I feel a re-newed sense of hope. Not that I was hopeless, but there are an infinite number of possibilities for today. for tomorrow. for the day after that and that and that. 
Today is the first of those new beginnings and it is up to me to make it and all of them count.
So, with that -- I'm off to make today count. 

THANKS for stopping by, I'd love to know what you are going to do today to make it count? Have a wonderful TUESDAY!

2 comments:

  1. REally Beautiful Cat! I can just feel the creativity over flowing from you these days. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous...this would make a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.