Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, August 7

Core Cards Creative Frenzy

I'm kind of a card stock junkie -- meaning -- whenever I make a trip to the craft store I always have a ton of card stock in my basket. ALWAYS. You can never have too much of it -- oooh and to feed that shopping desire in you and since I am in love with tearing, embossing cool patterns and stitching the sand-able Core'dinations card stock I thought I would share a few cards I made over the weekend.

First I made this Halloween card. I love the way you can get an instant, vintage look with this paper just from sanding, just a regular sanding block or sanding paper will do. Let me show you my favorite card -- I know -- they're all my favs -- so how about I start with the first one ;-D.

I started out embossing the white core cardstock with my favorite Damask Embossing Folder and sanded it to reveal the white of the core. Then I added some brown ink and created my stamped, stitched and layered card. I also added some blue watercolor paint to get a bluish look and to paint the curled edge on the top right. This cardstock is sturdy enough to take embossing, sanding, tearing and after all that -- an application of water.

Here's a close-up. I love the stacked eyes! 
Before I get in to the next card, I wanted to share something fun. You can get more than one look from Core'dinations and your embossing folder -- just  by paying attention to how you place the paper in the folder. Take a gander at the two samples below. The white one on the left was placed in the Embossing Plus Cuttlebug Folder with the White of the Core'dinations facing up. When I sanded the embossed sections I revealed the pattern that was EMBOSSED, or raised design on the paper.

When I placed the SAME paper in the Embossing Plus Folder with the White of the Core'dinations facing down, the design was DEBOSSED into the card stock. When I sanded the black around the design was removed - leaving the design that was impressed into the paper white. I know -- it's not white. ha ha. Patience.
After I had sanded quite a bit and wiped the sanding particles away I took my watercolor paints and brushed pink watercolor paint over the paper and used my hair dryer to dry it.  

When that was dry I took an orange colored pencil to the design and added some orange highlights to the DEBOSSED (pressed in) design on the paper. Neato, huh. See why I love this paper.  So many cool ways to use it.

Here it is with the sentiment, some pearls and funky cheapo butterflies from the Dollar Store. LOVE this, quick - easy -- and it creates a huge impact.  It literally took me 25 minutes to make -- start to finish!

For the last card today I used Core'dinations to create this beautiful folder with a pull-out tag. But, it's not only a folder -- it's got a funky zipper added to give you a little peak of the design inside.

I really like that the card stock is double sided -- as you can see on these punched and layered flowers. I wish I had embossed the paper first, but I was so excited about making the flowers that I totally spaced that.

I love the way this turned out -- especially since I used some beautiful papers and embellishments from RUBY Rocket that my sweet friend Rachel Carlson gave me at CHA. I love the quilted designs on this particular sheet and the fun chipboard pennants. 

So, that's it, hope you enjoyed something other than art journaling today! Have a wonderful day and stay tuned for more cool stuff tomorrow!
 

3 comments:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.