Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, June 19

a great Reminder...

With the end of school field trips, planning for the summer work -- and traveling here and there -- plus mentoring a fellow designer PLUS the other work I do I haven't had much time to create in my journal -- or energy for that either! One evening last week I wanted to do something -- and not make a mess so I decided to re-strung a favorite bracelet.

I made the original bracelet -- with a different charm (a faux tintype) a few years ago and the clasp broke. It's been sitting in my jewelry bag since then waiting. patiently. for the perfect thing to come along. When I went to Brimfield with my sweet friend Hannah -- the right thing came along.
I stuck with the same color scheme - but took the old tin type off and made the entire bracelet longer. 
 I really love the button -- a Green Girl Studios button -- it's a mermaid.
 If I wrap it twice I can use it as a necklace, like a choker.
 But if I wrap it 4 times it's a beautiful wrapped bracelet.
 And, each time I look down at my wrist it's a reminder to continue to believe in my path -- to follow my dreams and reach for the stars. If I can believe in Mermaids I can believe in myself, my talents and everything else that's fantastic and wonderful!
With that, I leave you with this thought -- today I start my first class at Maine College of Art -- Drawing for Illustrators. Never stop believing in yourself, even when the going gets tough and it's hard to make your dreams a reality -- keep on -- you can do it -- you just have to take the first step!

Yes, my dream is to illustrate -- draw -- paint -- tell stories with my drawings -- and today is the first step in making that dream happen. I truly believe it will too. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bracelet...get back to making art...it makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bracelet is just stunning. And yay for you on starting at the College of Art - you are going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.