Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, October 8

What I did on my summer vacation #5


I did a lot of cooking!! We did the Paleo Diet for the entire summer and I cooked 3 meals a day for 30 days and then at least 2 meals a day for the rest of the summer. It feels great to not eat sugar, grains and processed food much. We've relaxed the rules a bit now, but for the most part stick to the plan most of the time.

My parents celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary and we had the party at our house -- about 40 people came, it was fun -- but I hate all the cleaning involved with a full house. After the party we took our parents on a vacation up-north. It was a big deal, my brother, nephew and his son flew in from TX and NM and spent the week.
We went up to WAY northern Maine -- up on the Canadian Border for several days, it was relaxing -- NO INTERNET - bummer! It was beautiful and the weather was nice so that was a plus. I brought all my art stuff but just couldn't get settled in to do anything. I just putzed around, it was nice having nothing to do....though I was pretty happy to get home and check my email! I think I need an internet/email/Facebook detox or something. Nope, can't do it.

We went blueberry picking about 5 times. The berries are huge and delicious and you don't have to bend over! My freezer is over flowing with berries I picked this summer, they will make delicious smoothies this winter! I am definitely not looking forward to winter AT ALL!
I had a lot more fun with the Hipstamatic App on my iPhone. This photo was taken at the Library Park in Bath while my son played the drums with the Merrymeeting Band. I do love the way this picture came out,  the camera was pointed directly into the shining sun. Love the red!

You'll be happy to know that this is the last of the what I did on my summer vacation series, phew! I bet you thought that would never end. On another note, has anyone tried the Blogger App for the iPhone/iPad? do you like it? I am wondering if it's just me, cause I really don't. I thought it would be great to blog on my iPad in the morning or before I got out of bed or while I'm on the treadmill, but that's not going to happen. 

Hope you have a great weekend! Do something arty and creative -- you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.