Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, February 18

Working from home

I've been working from home for the last 9 years, it started slowly - and hand-in-hand with being a stay at home Mom. It was easy to balance creating and being a Mom as the time I had to create was quite limited -- when he was having a nap, at pre-school and later on school -- and when I wasn't running errands, taking him to the doctor (he was sick a LOT) and the other responsibilities of being a wife and Mommy was when I made art. It also helped that my studio was in a little alcove in the living room.  

Because my time was limited -- I learned to channel my creative energy to be available when I had time. I'm not sure how I was/am able to do it -- but it happens. 

Don't get me wrong, I do go through spells where my creative energy goes on hiatus for a while -- but often I don't have the luxury to sit and quietly ponder this and wait for it to return. Deadlines happen. Work needs to get done. 
I think this is why Mixed Media Art, sewing, collage, painting, stamping etc. are so important to me -- like a creative crutch -- when I'm stuck on a painting or scrapbook page or whatever -- I switch gears and work in a different medium. It must have something to do with the neurons in my brain -- and doing something "new" kicks the creative ones into high gear, ha ha.
This diversity of mediums really has saved me. From getting bored. REAL bored. 
It hasn't saved my wallet though. 

Thank you for stopping by - have a GREAT weekend and do something new today -- introduce a new craft, medium or supply to your line- up and see how it invigorates you! Leave me a comment and let me know how it worked! 

2 comments:

  1. Another great post....loving that art piece you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so true on ever account. I love being able to switch gears and I'm blessed to have met someone that inspires me in so many ways.

    Keep switching gears Cat, your work is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.