Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, June 25

Art is in the Cards Cracked Up Swap

I finally finished my ATC's for the cracked swap. Here's what they looked like the other day when I first posted about them....Something wasn't quite right - so I decided the ribbon didn't work and they needed some stitching. Though, a couple made it through with stitching on them.

I love how the Tim Holtz Clear Rock Candy looks on the first layer of the stamp, I used a couple of thick coats to get a nice thick cracked look. But, before I did that, I stamped the image from Inkadinkado 2 times for each ATC on white cardstock. For the base layer I added some color with a light blue ink pad and then liberally brushed them with a couple of coats Clear Rock Candy and let them dry. For the second layer I colored them with Copic Markers and cut each image in half before I glued them to the Clear Rock Candy layer.

When the Rock Candy Crackle was dry I collaged the image onto vintage papers and added an ATC stamp to the back. I printed the saying on white card stock, and sprayed it a with brown and blue Tattered Angels. When I had all these elements together, I stitched each card and added the trading information on the back and I was done.....

I'm pleased with the way my Cracked Up ATC came out. You can see some of the other ATC's here at the new Arts in the Cards blog....

thanks for stopping by - I hope you are enjoying your summer so far and enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.