Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, February 2

The Art Chain

I had two friends tag me last week for the #artchain and today I thought I'd share the art I shared and why I wanted my friends to know the story behind each piece.


Day 1.  I am inspired by both of these ladies in so many ways -- Martha for her sense of color and free style and Jennie with her lovely attention to detail and sweet vintage style.
Choosing favorite projects isn't easy for me, but this one comes to mind. One because of my love for flowers, another because it reminds me to be inquisitive in art because I discovered this technique completely by accident and lastly because when I went to sell it my husband asked me not to because he likes it. 
________________________________ 


Day 2 of ‪#‎theartchain‬ and I'm sharing this fun one. While it may not look pretty to you -- this was the very first art journal page where I started exploring and playing with mixing florals and quotes -- way back in 2011. Whenever I see this I will always remember how excited and jazzed I was at how it turned out and the possibilities I saw and felt for artistic and personal growth. ‪

________________________________

 

Day 3 of ‪#‎theartchain‬ and I'm sharing this little love. When Nathalie Kalbach spoke these words to me during a skype chat the clouds parted and the angels sang. I have not forgotten the lesson and have been working towards being the flower and cultivating my own garden.
________________________________


Day 4 of the ‪#‎artchain‬ and I'm sharing this colorful gem. One of my earlier illustrations that really spoke to me -- and when I really realized what adding black to my designs really does. This image never ceases to make me happy and reminds me of that aha moment!

________________________________


Day 5 of ‪#‎artchain‬ and I'm sharing this painting. Another major break through that day. This large painting (20 x 30) went from a fussy and overpainted bowl of pears to this through frustration after several sessions of trying to get it "perfect". I realized that while it's nice to be able to paint in a photo realistic manor, I never will. It says on the bottom "bloom" because I certainly bloomed when I painted it!

Thanks for dropping by, have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.