Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, May 13

Flowers always Inspire!

Last week I visited with a friend I haven't seen in a long time. We spent a little bit of time talking about business and a lot of time catching up. As I was leaving I noticed a watercolor painting I had done YEARS AND YEARS ago (sometime around 2001) hanging on her wall. It made me happy to see it -- and to be reminded that I am still doing what I love -- creating art.


The narcissus in this painting happen to be flowers from bulbs that were originally in my grandmother's garden. I transplanted them to my garden a few years ago and I think the moles must have eaten them because they haven't bloomed since. Seeing this painting was a lovely reminder of my grandmother and now much I loved her flowers.


My Mother invited us for dinner on Mother's Day and I snapped this picture of a bouquet of daffodils she picked from her garden. As I was processing the photos on my computer this morning I thought the composition of this photo looked similar to the narcissus painting above -- I think it might become the inspiration for a new painting. Only bigger, and in acrylics.


Thanks for dropping by, enjoy your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.