Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, July 23

Art Gone Wild!! and Friends..........

and guess what....I'm one of the friends! Here's the cover to my product catalog -- I'm so OVER the moon about this -- excited AND nervous. YUP -- that's my exciting and BIG news that I've been holding in for a while now. However -- I do have something else up my sleeve for the 24th :-D Oh wait, that's tomorrow, ha ha. Maybe Friday I'll have a chance to tell you.

Last January I went to the Craft and Hobby Association Meeting in Los Angeles determined to find a licensing agent and show them my work and find out how to get represented. I also stopped and talked to several other manufacturers. It was a little depressing and discouraging. It's hard not to doubt yourself in those instances. Thankfully I had my great and super supportive friend Martha with me to lift my spirits.

It wasn't until the last day that I was there -- and at 4:47 no less with the show was closing at 5 for the day that I approached Stampers Anonymous/Art Gone Wild! and Friends. It was so amazing to see them look at my work -- and then look at me and say they'd been looking for me for THREE years.

Art Gone Wild! and Friends Product Catalog for Catherine Scanlon Designs 

The ball butt that I am started crying almost immediately, ha ha.  How can one not get that emotional to feel a dream coming true after rejection after rejection after rejection? It was/is an amazing feeling and I've been flying on an artistic high ever since.

Long story short, well -- ha ha. not really -- I thought I'd share a few sneak peaks of some of the samples from the catalog.

Art Gone Wild! and Friends Product Catalog for Catherine Scanlon Designs
This is an art journal I made from one of the flower stamps, it's so versatile you can also make cards and use it for scrapbook pages.  I have some new colored pencils from Caran D'ache (Pablo I think) that I am totally loving -- oh and my standard issue watercolor palette that I used to color this one.

Art Gone Wild! and Friends Product Catalog for Catherine Scanlon Designs
I can't take credit for the Copic Coloring on this card, Michelle Cutts from SA did that because we were pressed for time on making samples -- but I love the format of this stamp -- this one is layered with Foam Tape and a little glitter here and there. I love the way it turned out -- she's got crazy skills with Copic Markers!

Art Gone Wild! and Friends Product Catalog for Catherine Scanlon Designs
 Here's a card I made using one of my stencils, it's colored with a mix of watercolor paints and Sakura Gelli Pens. Love the way it turned out -- so vibrant.

Art Gone Wild! and Friends Product Catalog for Catherine Scanlon Designs
And, last but certainly not least for today -- a twinchie quilt made with a few of the Twinchie sets. These sets have 4 images each and are 2" x 2" blocks with selected images from my doodle art journal pages.

All in all the catalog has 8 pages of stamps and stencils -- and we're already getting started on the Winter release....wooohoo!

Did I mention I'm pretty excited about this?? um, yeah. understatement. So, now that things have calmed down a little -- please StAY tuned -- I'll be sharing some how-to's featuring items from the catalog!

THANKS for stopping by and sharing in my excitement -- have A GREAT DAY!





9 comments:

  1. Congrats catherine!! So proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you too! How wonderful that it is all falling into place. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM BEYOND EXCITED FOR YOU MY FRIEND!! You're talent has always amazed me! I am thrilled every new change you have to share it with the world! GOOOOOOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing a happy dance for you. Congratulations on a dream coming true.

    That "twinchie" quilt is amazing. Oh yes, I see my wish list getting even longer now. ;-)

    Thanks for sharing your good news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine - how EXCITING!! Congratulations! Your artwork is so perfect for stamps and stencils. I can't wait to see more of them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That must feel so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So terrific to have your art and yourself affirmed. And the tears? Well they washed your eyes so they could sparkle even more with excitement. Great Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to buy some of these. BTW... you are awesome! And I'm glad you didn't give up on your dream, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A million thumbs up for you on your new creative endeavors!! Love you, my friend!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.