Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, July 9

Sweetest Boys


 Last week my husband and son went camping up to the place in Maine where my husband works. It's a glorious place -- with lots of woodland  creatures, streams, dirt roads, trails to explore.....
And treasure to find.
 
 oh, and did I mention wild flowers to pick?

I had a lot of work to catch up on so I only spent Wednesday and Thursday with them. It was a long almost 3 hour drive -- and I was tired from staying up late and getting up early. When I arrived at the campsite (exhausted and ready for a nap I might add) on Wednesday morning I found my sweetest boy standing near a table filled with old bottles.
And each old bottle was filled with a different wild flower.
What a treat -- and boy does he know the way to his Mama's heart.
 
While we sat around the fire I dug out my sketch book -- two of them actually -- this is from my Art Journal Sketch Book - and drew all of the pretty flowers. Since I"m trying hard to break the pencil habit I used a new Close to my Heart Grey Marker. Which -- is perfect the substitute for a pencil.  Almost like working with a pencil -- only you can't erase.
I had a little bit of time over the weekend so I added some color with my Koi watercolors. I just love the way this turned out. And really, it is so much more than a sketch to me since my sweet boy was so thoughtful. Every time I see this group of sketches and photos I'll remember how sweet and thoughtful he is -- and he's only 12.
Oh, and my husband cleaned the outhouse for me. That was just as thoughtful since it apparently was disgusting before I arrived, LoL!
 
Thanks guys, you sure do know how to make a gal feel special!
 
That's all for today -- have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I think Maine is one of the most beautiful states. I can't wait to be back up there in April. Love your flowers, and your son is just the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sketches...well I think cleaning the hothouse rates pretty darn high that it deserved a sketch also...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet and thoughtful boy *heart* I'm very inspired by you sketching....must have a go at playing with my water-colour pencils sometime..

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.