Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, April 18

Literally, 10 minutes!!

I needed a tag for a very special birthday gift today -- and literally had 10 minutes to spend making it. Between a few last minute things for a work project, finishing up SAID birthday present and spending time dilly-dallying over my morning tea that's all that was left.

After a quick shuffling through a basket stuffed with tags - I grabbed a shipping tag that my dear friend Vic sent me eons ago. She sent me a bunch and I've been hoarding them. I think she made it with Glimmer Mist -- WAY before Glimmer Mist was cool. I also grabbed a fun birthday stamp set that I got when I went to visit the EK Success offices last fall, a black StazOn stamp pad and a blue Distress Ink and some Wax markers. Well, I shouldn't say I grabbed really -- everything except the tag and stamp set was scattered across my work table from other things I worked on over the weekend. I didn't even think about what I was going to do, I just grabbed - inked - and stamped and colored. And the best thing, it can be re-gifted -- or re-used because I didn't put her name on it!

Really, that kraft gift bag needed dressing up -- I just couldn't give that special gift with no tag, ribbon or button. It looked awful and like something I brought home from the grocery store!

Anyway, the tag (and the gifts) were a hit. I made a bird feeder from a tea cup (google diy tea cup bird feeder for instructions, that's what I did) and I also gave her one of the pretty wax collages I made a few weeks ago. Moral of the story -- choose to spend 10 minutes making something special instead of buying something premade and probably printed somewhere else! Crafting a gift for someone you know will appreciate it is so much better than a gift card or a gift from Macy's makes you feel so good.....not that shopping at Macy's doesn't make me feel good, LoL.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.