Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Sunday, March 20

Happy Birthday you old Fossil!

My guys went up north this weekend -- 6 hours away -- ice fishing and snowmobiling. It was a boys weekend, (though I could have gone if I'd really wanted to) and I had a weekend to myself. It was nice. I've been feeling a little under the weather lately (yes....still) and needing some time to myself.

I really enjoyed the time by myself. Stayed up late. Slept in. Though the phone rang off the hook and that drove me nuts. I ate leftover buffalo meatloaf sandwiches 3 nights in a row, THANK God THAT'S gone, LOL. I did get a LOT (really a ton) of projects completed that are due this week -- and even managed to take the dog for a long walk and spend this afternoon at Borders looking at books and taking notes.

One of the projects I had on my list was a birthday card. It started out as a "quick" card for my brother's birthday -- and turned into an afternoon long project because nothing seemed to work. In the end, I'm happy with it -- though I wonder if I had started over if I would like it more.

I got a chuckle when I looked through my antique book of fossils and found this page header.....perfect for my older brother, LOL.

I had to stamp two clocks - because I ripped the little knob off when I was cutting around the first one. I just stamped another, cut it out and added 3D Dots to the back and it was fine.

I like the little tag. Sometimes it's the little details that make a project.

I wish I could share the other projects with you, because they did come out really cool. I'll be sure to let you know where you can see them though, when they are finally available!

Hope you had a nice weekend and got lots of things done too. I feel like I set myself up for a GREAT, stress-free week by getting lots of things on my to-do list crossed off! Now I just have to wait for approval...cross your fingers ;-)THANKS for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. That card is AWESOME girl! Glad you had some time to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I am chuckling at the fossil reference! What a hilarious (and gorgeous) birthday card!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.