Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, January 23

Intuitive Painting with Jenny Doh, Part 2

We painted 2 paintings in the Painting by Heart class with Jenny Doh. This was my second hot mess -- or that's what I thought of it before lunch.


It had some spots that I loved. Like the x's.


And this little spot of neon pink flowers and leaves.


But mostly it was a mess.


I have never had an art teacher be so open from her heart, with her process, her painting and with her art as Jenny Doh. I was inspired by a painting she had done that was on display in her studio -- and she walked me through it -- STEP by STEP to recreate it on my canvas.


We shared the paint, the paintbrush and painted side by side, step by step -- for the last hour of the day so that I could learn her process to paint this amazing bouquet of flowers. Thinking back on that golden hour in her studio really makes me a little teary at how open and amazing it was to learn from her. 

Now, if I can just find the time to do it at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.