Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Sunday, September 15

Oh Whatever -- Maybe I Should Have Said...

Well, it's that time of the month and I'm pretty excited to share my story with you. I look forward to playing with the photos and coming up with silly stories each month. Sometimes I like combining historical facts with my characters, like I did this month. I hope you enjoy this little peak into Winston's head.
______________________________________

What WOULD he tell Cordelia?

the Whatevers September 2013 by Catherine Scanlon

Would he start with revealing he had once worked for Allen Pinkerton of Pinkerton Government Services? Or would he start with I have two children . . . but I thought they had perished in a horrible fire. Maybe he’d start with, I was married once before, to Allen Pinkerton’s younger sister who had come to America from Scotland. We fell in love at a young age and Allen gave me a job so I could take care of my family.
the Whatevers September 2013 by Catherine Scanlon

Or, he could say he lived a double life, but lost track of his first life when his wife died in childbirth and his children were whisked into an orphanage to keep them safe from enemies of the Pinkerton’s.
the Whatevers September 2013 by Catherine Scanlon

The orphanage burned down just as he was about to bring them home to his Mother but that was a long time before he met Cordelia.
 the Whatevers September 2013 by Catherine Scanlon

Instead of coming up with a solution to his dilemma, Winston couldn’t stop his mind from thinking about fishing.

the Whatevers September 2013 by Catherine Scanlon 
Maybe a couple of hours at his favorite fishing hole would help him come up with an answer for his beloved Cordelia.

the Whatevers September 2013 by Catherine Scanlon 
Or, maybe not.

the Whatevers September 2013by Catherine Scanlon______________________________________

Take a look around  to see what everyone else came up with this month:

______________________________________

Here is how it works:

  • Vicki, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.

  • Every month – if possible always on the 15th –  each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.

  • If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!

  • There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER

  • There are no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER

  • Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.

  • These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission

  • If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.

  • You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
stiff guys
And finally, you can share your project for September with us here:

5 comments:

  1. Such a big dilemma... I would tell her the raw truth
    I love how you "dressed" these guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. MY MOST FAVORITE of yours so far! and that's hard, because I love them all so much. Girl you got talent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...Winston is in a heap of trouble when the truth finally comes out!!! I wonder what Cordelia will do...GREAT STORY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever Winston tells Cordelia I think it had better be the truth. Otherwise if Cordelia finds out differently he will be in more trouble. LOL! I can understand Winston thinking of going fishing instead of talking with Cordelia right now. I love how you spun some history into your story. Winston working at one time for Pinkerton gives him a little more of a mystery. Can't wait until next month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL- Pinkerton. Ohhh man- what will Cordelia say???? And of course he rather thinks about fishing...men!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.