Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, August 29

Other things I like to do!

So, it's pretty obvious that I like art - and all things artistic. I've tried so many types of art - watercolor, oil, acrylic painting, pottery, calligraphy, quilt piecing, print making,black & white photography - I don't think I need to go on.....I thought I'd share with you some other things that interest me - really - there's more to me than just art ;-) I also enjoy cooking and preserving foods. The best part about preserving is picking the berries for jellies and jams, planting the beans for dilly beans (ok, well that NOT so much -but I help my Mother plant her garden and then she lets me have veggies). So this year to date I have made blue berry and strawberry jam, spaghetti sauce, (and hope to make blackberry...) bread and butter zucchini pickles - that turned out to be a flop because the recipe didn't say to rinse the brine out....anywho - also one batch of sweet pickles...secret recipe on that one. Tomorrow I am going to try ONE more batch of bread and butters.....cross your fingers because it makes 7 pints...Friday my Mom and I will make a batch of salsa to split and on Saturday we are making hot dog relish. My pantry should be full by then....and I still need to make apple sauce and am going to try making some apple pie filling.....busy little domestic diva!! Anywho...the rock wall and flower beds are coming along. Little V helped me today fill 3 wheel barrows full of loam to fill one of the beds and then we also moved some rocks around....needless to say I am exhausted!!

Thought I'd share this little ditty I made for a good friend that's getting ready to embark on a new life path - well - she's already started but will be making some more changes real soon (hope she's not reading...) . Anyway, it's a hanging card...I hope she likes it. Do you? I'm afraid it sounds a little corny!

Anyway, that's all I've got in me today! Mighty night. I've got to get my studio cleaned up and organized - like yesterday for some photo ops coming around the corner, and honestly I just don't feel like doing it right now!!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to learn how to can. My whole family does it I really need to go for a visit when they do. Seems like it's a lost art. There just isn't enough hours in the day for all my hobbies. I think constantly about all the things I want to make and try. Can you believe I have a friend who has no hobbies! None...unless you count watching tv. Love the card, what a lucky friend to get that pretty bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love to cann! that stuff looks fantastic! If you need a good bread and butter pickle recipe.. let me know.. I have my Grams, and they are GOOD!
    Love the Card.. I think I know who it's for. Just finished mine also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummie - love what you made -relishes - mmmmmh - salsa- mmmmh yummie!!!!

    Love this card- it is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. get. out. are those HOME MADE CANNED GOODS? That is more amazing to me than the amazing art you create. I don't know why. I'm just pleasantly surprised! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.