Click on the image above to see the Summer, 2013 Catalog from Art Gone Wild!
Thursday, January 16
Wednesday, January 15
It's that time of the month again -- time for the next chapter of the Whatever's -- and this month the story continues with Morning Glory and Winston.
Check out what everyone else is up to this month on their blogs:Life with Winston, at first was pretty normal. After a shotgun wedding they bought a farm near her brother in Dundee, Illinois and settled in to a quiet country life quite easily. They worked together to farm the land growing a prosperous farm filled with cornfields and vegetable gardens. It was a monotonous but happy life. She loved her Win so much that bonnets and flowers meant nothing anymore. Any dream of having a Hat and Bonnet Shop long evaporated when her new life with Winston started.
When the twins Minnie and Oscar were born life changed again. Morning Glory was exhausted from trying to care for her new babies and help Winston plant the spring fields. When the draught came that summer the babies were only 5 months old. Morning Glory was exhausted. With no corn to harvest they had no money for food or supplies to care for themselves or their small but growing family.
She could hardly believe she was pregnant, again.
It was an easy decision. Winston would go to work for her brother’s business, Pinkerton Government Services and Morning Glory would maintain the house on the farm. She wasn’t exactly sure what he did for work, but he worked long hours and was often gone for days and weeks at a time. The farm became her responsibility – but with a baby on the way and the twins there was no time to take care of herself. Morning Glory missed her Win, but hoped that he would be back with her soon with enough money to plant the fields in the spring. Needless to say, she would never see her Win again.
We would LOVE to have you play along....and here's how it works:
- Vicki, Cat, Cuchy (Carmen), Martha and I and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you to download and show us your version of The Whatevers. The photo will be posted at the end of our blogposts- not on Facebook!
- There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.