This week I'm going to dedicate my blog to the Virtual Gallery Walk I'm in -- sponsored and planned by the sweetest and most talented Liz Hicks. I also though and also talk about inspiration and what it means and how you can be inspired to create your own art based on the world around you. Let's start with the dictionary and the actual definition of inspiration:
- an inspiring or animating action or influence: I cannot write poetry without inspiration.
- something inspired, as an idea.
- a result of inspired activity.
- a thing or person that inspires.
That's one thing I love about the dictionary, it takes me on wonderful trips, even though its a short walk let's go to inspire:
- to fill with an animating, quickening, or exalting influence: His courage inspired his followers
- to produce or arouse (a feeling, thought, etc.): to inspire confidence in others.
- to fill or affect with a specified feeling, thought, etc.: to inspire a person with distrust.
- to influence or impel: Competition inspired her to greater efforts.
- to animate, as an influence, feeling, thought, or the like, does: They were inspired by a belief in a better future.
For me it's nature and paint. Well, I shouldn't limit myself to paint because I use a LOT of different supplies -- but I am more than filled to the brim with inspiration from nature on a daily basis. Just look here:
Here's a bouquet I picked from my garden this summer:
And the resulting flower from my daily sketch book:
And here's another example from a bouquet of flowers my sweet boy picked for me this summer:
And the page from my Daily Sketch Journal:
So today, I want you to look around and be inspired by the world around you and create something from it!
And back to the Virtual Gallery Walk! Check out the two very talented featured Artists for October 1:
The following artists will be featured on:
Tues. 10/2: Kathy Cano-Murillo & Tracy Weinzapfel
Wed. 10/3: Catherine Scanlon & Martha Richardson
Thurs. 10/4: Camille McClelland & Jamie Doughtery
Fri. 10/5: Lorraine Bell & Cheryl Waters
This is going to be an AMAZING Week full of art and inspiration!