Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

My Artful Life Planner

My Artful Life Planner
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Tuesday, October 30

Ready for my Trick or Treaters!

I like to do a little something special for the trick or treaters that come to my door every year. Not only because I love Halloween -- but it's easy when you only get 5 of them every year!



Since I'm always trying to AVOID eating candy, this year I bought 5 boxes of candy from Wal-Mart. If it's not opened I'm not going to eat it, lol. I also picked up some HUGE glittered spiders to decorate each box somehow.
I decided the easiest and fastest way to add the spider to the box was to tie it with a piece of ribbon  
Then I made a little tag. Easy Peasy -- 10 minutes to make all 5.
First I stamped the spider web in the background with VersaMark Ink and quickly wiped some brown PanPastel over the wet ink. A quick Boooo! stamped on the spider web with StazOn ink and the hard part was done.
I punched them out with the Real Estate punch from EK Success and then inked the edges lightly with orange. To tie them to the spider I punched a small hole and added one to each spider with twine. NOTE: I have one little girl that may be afraid of spiders so I didn't put one on her box just to be on the safe side!

That's it. Literally this project took me 17 minutes from start to finish -- and not that my nieces and nephews and little cousins will notice -- but I think their parents will. It's just not Halloween if I haven't done a crafty treat project anyway so who cares if they notice! 

with that I'm off to get some things done. Have a great day -- and for those of you on the East Coast -- stay safe and I hope that the clean-up from the hurricane isn't to bad for you! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!!! You never cease to amaze me...but then I knew this about you way back when!!!!! :)

    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lucky Treak or treaters :) what a cute and clever idea! Nice talking to you at AE on saturday, very nice journal pages going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lucky trick or treaters to get those cute decorated boxes of candy :) clever idea ! it was nice talking to you on saturday at AE , nice journal pages going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea...wouldn't work here for the 200+ trick or treaters we get each year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.