Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, October 30

Ready for my Trick or Treaters!

I like to do a little something special for the trick or treaters that come to my door every year. Not only because I love Halloween -- but it's easy when you only get 5 of them every year!



Since I'm always trying to AVOID eating candy, this year I bought 5 boxes of candy from Wal-Mart. If it's not opened I'm not going to eat it, lol. I also picked up some HUGE glittered spiders to decorate each box somehow.
I decided the easiest and fastest way to add the spider to the box was to tie it with a piece of ribbon  
Then I made a little tag. Easy Peasy -- 10 minutes to make all 5.
First I stamped the spider web in the background with VersaMark Ink and quickly wiped some brown PanPastel over the wet ink. A quick Boooo! stamped on the spider web with StazOn ink and the hard part was done.
I punched them out with the Real Estate punch from EK Success and then inked the edges lightly with orange. To tie them to the spider I punched a small hole and added one to each spider with twine. NOTE: I have one little girl that may be afraid of spiders so I didn't put one on her box just to be on the safe side!

That's it. Literally this project took me 17 minutes from start to finish -- and not that my nieces and nephews and little cousins will notice -- but I think their parents will. It's just not Halloween if I haven't done a crafty treat project anyway so who cares if they notice! 

with that I'm off to get some things done. Have a great day -- and for those of you on the East Coast -- stay safe and I hope that the clean-up from the hurricane isn't to bad for you! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!!!! You never cease to amaze me...but then I knew this about you way back when!!!!! :)

    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lucky Treak or treaters :) what a cute and clever idea! Nice talking to you at AE on saturday, very nice journal pages going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lucky trick or treaters to get those cute decorated boxes of candy :) clever idea ! it was nice talking to you on saturday at AE , nice journal pages going on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea...wouldn't work here for the 200+ trick or treaters we get each year!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.