Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

My Artful Life Planner

My Artful Life Planner
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Wednesday, October 31

Happy Halloween -- the ALMOST tutorial

What is it they say....the road to hell is paved with good intentions?? Well, I had every intention on finishing this Halloween card and posting it today -- with a tutorial on how I made my own Core'dinations Sandable card stock.

You can see a sneakie peakie in the photo below.
I love that Damask Embossing Folder! Since I don't have photos -- or even a completed card -- I'll just tell you how I created it, while that was not my good intention -- I wanted to give you a COMPLETE tutorial on how I made my card today -- hopefully this saves me from H E Double Matchsticks today, and on Halloween even ;-)

You'll have to choose two things -- heavy-duty cardstock and acrylic paint. For this I used Cream Cardstock from Papertrey Ink and Black paint from Claudine Hellmuth Studios. I painted the entire piece of cardstock with a pretty heavy duty coat of paint -- and then let it dry OVERNIGHT. I wanted the paint to be completely dry before I attempted to sand it!

When it was dry I ran it through my Vagabond in the Damask Embossing Folder. 
When the embossing was done, I sanded it with a sanding block to reveal the cream cardstock underneath. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy. Doesn't it look great?? It's perfect for when you can't get to the store to get some Coredinations -- or you can't find the colors you need for your project.
Here's the other part of that card that I got started but never finished, I love this stamp. Speaking of that road -- I bought this stamp in August thinking I would do this tutorial for you --- ha ha.

Well, I do hope you have a HAPPY and SAFE Halloween. Don't eat tooooo much candy -- I'll try not to as well! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.