Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, September 28

Something Different Today

Lately I've been drawn to mushrooms -- in illustrations and real life. When we went camping on Labor Day Weekend I took over 200 pictures of mushrooms -- many of them different species.

Today I thought I would share a few of my favorite pictures from that weekend. I have mentioned many times before that I love the Hipstamatic App for my phone, while I have lots of lenses and film for it -- I hardly ever change them because I am in love with the combination I have right now and I don't really know what they are, LoL!  

Anyway, of the 200+ pictures I took, the one above is my absolute favorite. Alright, you already guessed -- I have many favs, LoL! This post is about a few of them, ha ha. My plan is to use them as inspiration for some new Art Journal pages, I just need to choose a few favs and get them printed!
Here's another one. Funky. And if you are wondering, no -- I didn't touch any of them, just in case.
Love the texture on this one, it was sandwiched kindly weirdly in a rotted and broken log.

Cute. Yes. I guess I do think Mushrooms are cute.

I love the lushness of the forest.
This cluster looked like a bunch of round loaves of bread when I looked down on them.
This one was a water gatherer.
And this one was a Mama.
And this one was intriguing -- and look at the teeny tiny one in the front near the bottom. I just noticed it.
I have  been sketching a little in my journal this week -- but mostly working on my to-do list. Look for a Guest Post on the Sizzix Blog from me next month (HUGE performance anxiety on that one) and a new class at My Creative Classroom -- Mad for Monoprinting -- that starts NEXT Friday. You don't want to MISS that!   

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Fab photo and I can't wait to see that journal page completed!!! Looking forward to Mad for Monoprinting class!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing you found so many different mushrooms! I also look forward to that finished journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love them too! They are very interesting, and even though I would love to know more about them, I never take the time to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.