Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Friday, September 28

Something Different Today

Lately I've been drawn to mushrooms -- in illustrations and real life. When we went camping on Labor Day Weekend I took over 200 pictures of mushrooms -- many of them different species.

Today I thought I would share a few of my favorite pictures from that weekend. I have mentioned many times before that I love the Hipstamatic App for my phone, while I have lots of lenses and film for it -- I hardly ever change them because I am in love with the combination I have right now and I don't really know what they are, LoL!  

Anyway, of the 200+ pictures I took, the one above is my absolute favorite. Alright, you already guessed -- I have many favs, LoL! This post is about a few of them, ha ha. My plan is to use them as inspiration for some new Art Journal pages, I just need to choose a few favs and get them printed!
Here's another one. Funky. And if you are wondering, no -- I didn't touch any of them, just in case.
Love the texture on this one, it was sandwiched kindly weirdly in a rotted and broken log.

Cute. Yes. I guess I do think Mushrooms are cute.

I love the lushness of the forest.
This cluster looked like a bunch of round loaves of bread when I looked down on them.
This one was a water gatherer.
And this one was a Mama.
And this one was intriguing -- and look at the teeny tiny one in the front near the bottom. I just noticed it.
I have  been sketching a little in my journal this week -- but mostly working on my to-do list. Look for a Guest Post on the Sizzix Blog from me next month (HUGE performance anxiety on that one) and a new class at My Creative Classroom -- Mad for Monoprinting -- that starts NEXT Friday. You don't want to MISS that!   

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. Fab photo and I can't wait to see that journal page completed!!! Looking forward to Mad for Monoprinting class!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing you found so many different mushrooms! I also look forward to that finished journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! I love them too! They are very interesting, and even though I would love to know more about them, I never take the time to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.