It's that time of the month again -- the time when you get to find out what Winston and Newton Whatever are up to! So, without further delay - here are my pages....and if you scroll down a bit you'll see my slideshow and I will tell you the story this month!
Winston couldn’t believe her eyes – a post card from Father – all the way from Bombay, India. How it found her in Germany she would never know – all she could think of was how happy she was to have word from her father!
The postcard of the city was so colorful that poor Winnie wanted to leave the drab German castle and travel to be with her sweet father. Helping in the clinic HAD to be better than this.
The last few weeks had been such a circus – brokenhearted Knotty wept constantly, Newton tagged around with the Count (why couldn’t they just call him Grandfather??) begging for pencils and drawing paper and her Mother – OH, poor Mother. She was always hovering around the kitchen hoping to sneak in when the Countess (Grandmother??) was not around. The kitchen was her only place to be calm and think but Grandmother wouldn’t hear of such a thing.
Poor Winnie longed for home and time with her father. Today on the train she saw a man that looked so much like him that she ran into his arms. It wasn’t until he spoke to her in German that she realized, with a heavy heart; it wasn’t him. She was beginning to think her father was just a dream – that she really didn’t have one – and then the postcard came.
She flipped it over to read her father’s message.
But when was all she could think, WHEN Father? Winnie tore the postcard to pieces just like the last 10 postcards she’d received from him – all written exactly the same.
The Whatevers: October, 2012 from Catherine Scanlon on Vimeo.
Here's the photo, so you can play along too -- if you want -- and we'd love to have you!
- Nat, Vicki, and I have made a one-year commitment to each other and picked twelve photos with Whatevers whom we will give a story.
- Every month – if possible always on the 15th – each of us will do a post with an individual story that goes along for us with the same photo.
- If you want you can play along and we will have the photo for you – just right click on it to safe it to download and show us your version of The Whatevers.
- There are no rules to the story itself- it can be funny, sad, uplifting, breathtaking- WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the length or the form of the story- it can be a short sentence, an essay, a poem or a soap opera – WHATEVER
- There are no rules on the artform you choose – it can be a scrapbook layout, an altered art project, an artjournal page – WHATEVER
- Here is a rule though: if you take the photo you have to link back to us and show us your story.
- These pictures are from our personal stash and are for personal use for you only! If you want to use them for a publication whether a book or magazine in print or digital form please ask for permission!
- If you want to participate we’ll have a linky list for each Whatever Post.
- You can also join our The Whatevers -Facebook Page
- Click here for the Linky:
And, one more thing -- here's a little image if you want to share it on your sidebar!
Hope you'll play along -- thanks for stopping by -- have a great Whatever!