Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, March 16

My Sea Glass Beach

I haven't talked much about my (well, really our) seaglass beach, but that doesn't make it any less important to me, but the location is a heavily guarded secret....well it was until the DH told a couple of people. Now it's not really our sea glass beach, it's the entire state of Rhode Island's sea glass beach....but I guess I should start by saying that we went to rhode island over the weekend

We actually decided pretty last minute to go. Actually at 11am on Saturday morning. We were dressed and out the door by noon - and after lunch in Topsfield - and a half an hour or so at Absolutely Everything we made to our home away from home, the Residence Inn. We really did go JUST to hunt for treasures on our sea glass beach....we've found so many treasure there and it's been a few years since we've had the chance to look for sea glass, cool rocks and what ever else we could find.
Here are a few of my treasures from the weekend:

When I saw these two shells I had a vision of a canvas or two with them secured on it....I can't wait to make that happen!


The tops of these two bottles were both round at one time, but the one on the left was heated up somehow and melted and now it's not round anymore. Notice the funky heart shaped rock they are leaning on??


My lovely son found this heart shaped rock, I'll be adding it to my collection!

A couple of marbles....


A picture of all my loot, 4 heart shaped rocks!


I thought this looked a little bit like a dragonfly wing....I've got a plan for this in the near future too!

The bottom of this bottle says Newport RI....to cool!

Thanks for visiting....more pictures soon!

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things to do is poke around beaches finding what ever!! Of course you have to be careful of those blue ring octupus'!!!!jenxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at all that beautiful sea glass... what fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how pretty! I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you love sea glass you may be interested in becoming a member of our online communtiy called Sea Glass Lovers

    http://www.seaglasslovers.ning.com

    it is a member online site dedicated to sea glass collectors. We share photos, ideas, locations, crafts and much more.

    Please drop in and see if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Love your sea glass finds!
    Can't wait to see what you will create with them!
    Happy your back home and you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a book called Sea Glass. It was really different, but the lady did collect Sea Glass. LOL Ok, I dream of doing that someday. I'll have to travel your way when I retire. LOL LOL LOL Love your finds. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Catherine,


    I have enjoyed your blog and beautiful pictures. I have been collecting sea glass for over twenty years and would like to invite you to join Sea Glass Artists & Sea Glass Collectors which is a social networking site for those that love sea glass. All are welcome to join. Our network is full of friendly and creative people and i think you would really enjoy it.

    http://seaglassartists.ning.com/

    Thanks,

    Lisl Armstrong

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.