Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, June 4

Crackle Glaze

I've had quite a few people ask me what I use for Crackle Glaze on my projects....and I've got to admit - that I've used the craft store products in the past and they have sucked big time. Mixed results - sometimes fantastic sometimes AWFUL results even if the process was the same. After putting so much effort into a piece of art, getting mixed results is somewhat frustrating. But what could a girl do anywhoo?? Well, I guess I should shop at the hardware store more often, LOL. I saw this product at Lowe's during my frequent trips for painting supplies, I kept putting off buying it, probably because I didn't want to bring ANOTHER THING INTO THIS HOUSE to take up more space that we don't have to take up!! I've gotta tell ya, NO MORE WILL I be worried about mixed crackle results on my projects or where to put the dang container for that matter ! Fret no more people The American Tradition faux Porcelain Crackle Glaze from Lowe's Hardware store ROCKS my world. I promise, if you like crackle you'll like this stuff! I was so excited I had to share - and my project is not even completely dry yet. I bought a wooden school desk from my brother at their yardsale on Saturday ($2.00 and made of maple) but the top was a little iffy at best (lots of bad words written in marker ..) so I covered it with a piece of fancy schmancy tissue paper that looks like a vintage world map - and now I'm in the process of making it look like very old and worn leather with the crackle glaze and lots of other fun chemicals that have no compromising odor....lol.. I promise to share pictures when it's done. Hopefully before the end of the week! I'm in a better mood, we finally had our appointment today...that's really all I can say about that. But making art always makes my heart happy - even if my guts are in a knot like they have been. I also had coffee with two very nice ladies this morning, kindred spirits I think. Thanks Leslie and Hannah - I had a great time! Hope you had fun at Ikea.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to see the finished project! I also want to hear more about your appointment. It was so good having you at my home yesterday. I'm glad you were up for the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- that is some serious Crackle Glaze portion ;.-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.