Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Thursday, April 5

Patience is a Virtue

I love the way my art journal looks right now -- getting full -- full of beautiful art, inspiration and ideas. I feel, lately -- like I am on fire creatively. I know, I said that a few weeks ago -- but they are burning inside my head. 
 
Distracting me. Calling to me. Like my journal does. But I'm busy. Busy with good things, but busy -- and all I want to do is WORK on these ideas burning inside my head.
 
 
On a side note -- the dining room table has become my permanent art journaling station -- much to my husband's chagrin I think.   I'm ok with it because my studio is being used for other productions -- but having my paints, brushes and an open journal out and begging for attention every time I walk by doesn't help with the patience thing. Because these big ideas burning in my head -- all started BECAUSE of my journal.

I never had much of that patience thing anyway. And I'm ok with that -- sometimes.

I'm learning that patience -- or commitment -- or whatever it is -- is helping that fire inside my head. It's giving me the time to refine my plan. it's burning -- but not out of control.  I'm formulating, percolating, adjusting, designing, creating, drawing more great ideas. Big ideas. Well, maybe small for some - but definitely big for me.

Today, I'm tipping my cup to patience. What are you tipping your cup too? 

2 comments:

  1. LOVING what you're creating! Tipping my cup to Spring Break:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine, patience is definitely most of us do "battle" with from time to time. I love your art journal and since I teach journaling it is truly awesome to see how your creativity explodes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.