Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Thursday, April 19

On Creativity


We had a glorious 3 days in Bar Harbor -- hotel was fantastic -- weather was better than fantastic -- food -- company -- Acadia -- it was wonderful to get away from the hum-drum of home and get some Mom time with my boy.

I worked on this page a little -- mostly the inking part -- while we were away and did some drawing on a few more pages -- so all I need to do for them is add the color -- the magic part.
 
I tried really hard to stay off my iPad and iPhone -- except when we were settled into the hotel at night -- and when I woke up in the morning -- I also took a few minutes here and there to post pictures on Facebook for my husband to see since he couldn't come with us.
I am a firm believer in time away from art doing other things is great for creativity. While I don't often take the time to do other things  -- I have a tendency to over-commit -- I still believe it is good to take a break and do something different once in a while.
Everyone needs to re-new and refresh -- and what better way to do that than in a beautiful place like Acadia National Park with great company like my kiddo??

 

 We laughed, relaxed, I didn't spend any time worring about impending deadlines or the endless to-do lists -- I had a great time. Exactly what I needed since I've been REALLY busy the last several months.
 
I'm home now and ready to get back down to business -- get that to-do list scratched out -- I'm already planning our next little re-new and re-fresh time away! 

On to the business of art, I really love the way this art journal page came out -- bright and colorful with an inspirational message. The perfect combination! 


Hope you had a great week -- thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I sound like a broken record but this is GORGEOUS!!! Glad your mini-vacation was good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page, love your lettering. And love Arcadia and Bar Harbor...got to get back up there sometime. Hope you are doing well.

    c

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.