I had a fun conversation with my friend Martha over the weekend about paying attention to the little bits and bobs that make my projects -- the sewing -- layering -- the stenciling and inking and painting -- all little details that to some are monotonous -- but to me they REALLY make the project stand out from the rest. They make my heart sing.
I really love details.
I mean -- I REALLY LoVe details ;-)
I DO pay a lot of attention to the LITTLE things, and art takes a bit longer to create -- but it's the little spots here and there on a completed project that really make it.
When I say details, I mean:
- taking the time to make sure the stitching on a card, scrapbook page or any paper project is straight, corners are square and ends are trimmed
- papers are cut straight, mats are even
- pencil lines are erased on cards and scrapbook pages (but I don't worry about that on journal pages -- that adds to the artsy fartsy look I want there)
- designs are balanced -- stamped images are as straight as I can make them
- words are spelled correctly
It REALLY is all about the little details.
Have a wonderful day -- thanks for stopping by.