Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Friday, September 25

Artascope Here I come!

I made 25 ATC's yesterday to swap at my workshop this weekend. I'm really looking forward to this, and hoping we learn some image transfer techniques!

I had fun with these ATC's...they weren't really that hard - here's how I made them. First, I scanned in a little Bingo card from a set that I have and changed the words on the top to say Artascope, added the details of the weekend at the bottom and printed 25 of them out.

Then I took a photo of myself and added a filter to it in Photoshop Elements so it looks like a photocopy and printed 25 of them out.

Then I made a dress from an old book page. To make it easier to color the dresses, I swabbed the entire page with red ink and then cut out the dress and glued it over the top of the photo. Then I cut them both out and scalloped the edge of the dress with scalloped scissors. Before I glued me and my new red dress to the bingo card I used some punchinella and blue ink to add a little blue background texture to the card.

A quick stitch around the dress and the border, add the details to the back of the card and I'm almost done! Hot glue a bingo piece to the side of my dress - and about 3 hours later I'm done with 25 custom made Artist Trading Cards to swap with the other people attending the workshop.

I'll be posting pictures as I can over the weekend.....thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I'd sign up for the workshop just to get one of these ATCs! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.