Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Saturday, August 30

We went rockhounding today...

Our boy loves rocks and minerals and especially gems. Anything shiny will do. Or even anything hard as a rock will do. We've been talking about going and exploring some of the Mineral Mines in Western Maine all summer and the plans (or the camp we wanted to rent) never worked out so today we took a day trip to Perhams in West Paris to get a map of the mines in that area and see what we could find.

What we found was the Harvard Quarry on top of Noyes Mountain, it has an elevation of 1503 feet and STEEP as a mother. And it wasn't gradually steep, it was heart attack (OMG I'm carrying the backpack with all the tools and snacks and water) steep. I kept trying to pass the torch on to my husband but he kept telling me I could do it. Finally I just took it off and kept walking...:-) It was heavy! Those dang tools and water were heavy. We had a perfect day. Little V was happy as a clam, and never complained NOT ONE TIME that he wanted to go home. He really LOVES rocks. And hiking too.

After that we took a long cut so we could go through Lewiston/Auburn and to my favorite Thai restaurant. Oh, we were so hungry we ate like we'd never eaten a day in our lives before. It was pretty good though. Big V has said about a million times that I shouldn't have taken him there today because the Spicy Duck was the best he's ever had...he wants to go back again tomorrow night!

Anyway, here are some pictures of our hike for you:
Little V at the top of Noyes Mountain and overlooking the Harvard Mine that we went to see.

Big V hanging off the edge of the mine wall with his tools
pounding away looking for treasures.

Me and the Big V, aren't we cute together?

The view, I think this is a lake in Norway, Maine but I'm not sure. Isn't it a pretty view!
TaTa For Now, I'm wiped out and want to veg. Hope you all had as great a day as we did!

4 comments:

  1. sounds like the three of you had a perfectly, wonderful day. good for you!! enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I would have been freaked out but the view is amazing! I am sortof afraid of heights but seeing that view I think I would put the fears aside. Yum we love Thai food! Sounds like a perfect day! You too are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Cat!! :)
    & you guys look so cute in your mountain pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY.. CUTE ... so cute you two are.. and little V also!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.