Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Friday, January 22

Intuitive Painting with Jenny Doh

It's amazing what happens in your head when you to want something for so long. For like years. The moment that you see it somewhere, you just know that you have to be a part of it. There is this expectation that you have. Because you have only seen the final result. The best of all the possible outcomes.

And then, when you are finally there, and in the thick of it -- your head says -- what the heck was I thinking.

That happened to me recently. I have always wanted to take a class from Jenny Doh at her Studio Crescendoh. I have followed her blog and Instagram for a long time and really wanted to take her Painting by Heart class. Her style is loose and I want to be more like that. Less precise, were the words I said to her.

Let me say that Jenny is an AMAZING teacher.


But at this point in the day I thought I wasn't such an amazing student. I was discouraged and disappointed with my painting, my color choices. My art. I had followed all her instructions to the T -- but just wasn't sure that I was gonna be able to pull a rabbit out of the hat on this one. 

Jenny was encouraging. With lots of suggestions and even a cautionary I wouldn't go much further on that one. And thank goodness for lunch. I saw nothing good in this painting at this point. 4 hours into it and I was ready to get back on a plane and head back to Maine.


And then we came back from lunch. The paint was mostly dry. and I turned it this way and that. I saw nothing. Zippo. I was truly discouraged.


Finally I turned it in the right direction, turned my head away to talk to her -- and when I turned back I saw them. Flowers. A lady slipper to be exact. They magically appeared in the mess and haze of judging myself, my art and what looked like a hot mess.


With some gentle encouragement and lots of great teaching, I was able to pull the rabbit out of the hat on this one after all!


If you ever have the chance to take an Intuitive Painting class or this exact Painting by Heart class from Jenny -- do it. But be gentle on yourself in the beginning. You might need to turn your head away for a moment and turn back at just the right moment to see the magic.

Thanks for dropping by, have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.