Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Saturday, January 23

Intuitive Painting with Jenny Doh, Part 2

We painted 2 paintings in the Painting by Heart class with Jenny Doh. This was my second hot mess -- or that's what I thought of it before lunch.


It had some spots that I loved. Like the x's.


And this little spot of neon pink flowers and leaves.


But mostly it was a mess.


I have never had an art teacher be so open from her heart, with her process, her painting and with her art as Jenny Doh. I was inspired by a painting she had done that was on display in her studio -- and she walked me through it -- STEP by STEP to recreate it on my canvas.


We shared the paint, the paintbrush and painted side by side, step by step -- for the last hour of the day so that I could learn her process to paint this amazing bouquet of flowers. Thinking back on that golden hour in her studio really makes me a little teary at how open and amazing it was to learn from her. 

Now, if I can just find the time to do it at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.