Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Monday, February 23

Find a Place....

Good Morning. Today I thought I'd share how I start an art journal page using my new Stamps from Art Gone Wild and color the design with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics.

I start with stamping a design on Strathmore Mixed Media Paper. I prefer the 140lb weight as it doesn't buckle and is pretty sturdy. Once I'm happy with the design, I find a quote I like and use a pencil to add it to the page. 


For this page I started with the background, which is where I usually start most projects I create. I was really in love with the Cerulean Blue, so started with that color. It's good to put a drop or two of the paint on a non-porous paint palette as you work so you don't have to worry about the washes soaking into the paper. You can use a piece of plexiglass, palette paper or even a clean meat tray. 

I just dip the paintbrush in clean water and swirl it around on the palette paper until it's the consistency that I want and add it to the background. I do like to paint pretty quickly to prevent hard edges.


I keep working from color to color around the page until the entire image is done. What I like about the DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics is you only need a drop or two, and it's easy to squirt out just the right amount.




You can even add enough water and use them with a dip pen for lettering and fine details. 


Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you'll give the Deco Art Fluid Acrylics a try, I think you'll be super happy you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.