Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, February 23

Find a Place....

Good Morning. Today I thought I'd share how I start an art journal page using my new Stamps from Art Gone Wild and color the design with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics.

I start with stamping a design on Strathmore Mixed Media Paper. I prefer the 140lb weight as it doesn't buckle and is pretty sturdy. Once I'm happy with the design, I find a quote I like and use a pencil to add it to the page. 


For this page I started with the background, which is where I usually start most projects I create. I was really in love with the Cerulean Blue, so started with that color. It's good to put a drop or two of the paint on a non-porous paint palette as you work so you don't have to worry about the washes soaking into the paper. You can use a piece of plexiglass, palette paper or even a clean meat tray. 

I just dip the paintbrush in clean water and swirl it around on the palette paper until it's the consistency that I want and add it to the background. I do like to paint pretty quickly to prevent hard edges.


I keep working from color to color around the page until the entire image is done. What I like about the DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics is you only need a drop or two, and it's easy to squirt out just the right amount.




You can even add enough water and use them with a dip pen for lettering and fine details. 


Thanks for dropping by today, I hope you'll give the Deco Art Fluid Acrylics a try, I think you'll be super happy you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.