Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, September 25

Finding Patience and Strength

Lately I've been feeling very impatient and frustrated -- sometimes downright angry -- at stuff -- sometimes really silly, stupid stuff. Things totally out of my control, but these things impact my day, my work, my life -- and totally my attitude.

I struggle with loosing my patience. Being kind to myself. Being kind in general. I am swearing a lot. Especially at iMovie.

This page is a reminder to me that I need to dig deeper -- look harder at struggles -- and find a way to resolve them without getting frustrated and upset.


Because, when you think about the dandelion -- no one really likes it -- but it finds a way to spread seeds of happiness and continue to bloom and be pretty spots of yellow on our otherwise perfectly green lawn. Reminding myself to breath, settle down and not take these things personally has been on my daily to-do list for a few weeks now.
Another part of my struggle is working through feelings of failure and my disappointment with myself.
I'm not sure what the rest of the struggle is.

So, I'm trying to make art, and carry on with my work and just work on getting things done to the best of my ability.
I am also experimenting a little -- with new to me products. Oh, and that secret that I was keeping.
I'm going to be a Guest Designer for Tattered Angels in October, November and December.

So I've been playing. Adding different elements from their product line to my journal pages. You can see here I used some Pearl Glam to accentuate the centers of my dandelions.

And I also used it on the little glittery swags.

I think it looks best in the center of each flower and then outlined with a black pen. Next month I'll have a full-blown tutorial on how I am incorporating their products on their blog -- so stay tuned and I'll be sure to post a reminder when that will be happening!

thanks for stopping by to see my journal pages and art -- hopefully I'll be back to feeling my normal, perky and happy self before long. Have a great day and see you next time!

4 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful blog post...love the honesty because I think we all feel that way at times. Love that we will be working together again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat I LOVE your honesty and truthfully it is like you have picked out parts of my own mind lately. Can not wait to see what you get up to with Tattered Angels products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat I LOVE your honesty and truthfully it is like you have picked out parts of my own mind lately. Can not wait to see what you get up to with Tattered Angels products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. I'm a student at MCC and I've taken several of your classes. I just wanted to tell you how much your classes have inspired me in my arts & crafts. I've learned tons of great techniques from you in class, but your blog also points out that you are human, like the rest of us. If you can get through times like this and still make fabulous art, so can I...)
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do on the Tattered Angels blog.
    Have a great day, Hun.
    -D

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.