Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, May 7

there is COMFORT in art...

I have had a lot of things on my plate for a while now, juggling this that and the other thing. Add to that feeling like I am living on a roller coaster of my emotions and internal struggles, self-doubt -- lack of this and that -- and I have felt a little on the crummy side lately -- like a little hermit. and a lot on the crabby side.
 
There is something to be said for making art in the mayhem of life. It soothes me, comforts me, gets me through it all. 
Each pencil line, brush stroke, inked leaf is like a light that lifts me. Lifts me and lightens my heart.
the bright colors and pretty flowers that come from inside my head satisfy and heal me, making me feel 100% confident that everything will be ok. in the end. 
confirming to me that there is definitely a LOT of comfort in making art. 
Certain areas of each painting and piece of art I create are little spots of happiness. I don't know about you, but little spots here and there really please me. 
Yesterday we went to the Portland Museum of Art. I saw a lot of the same feelings and different things in art that other people create, there in the museum. Art that must have pleased them, lifted their hearts and souls -- and made the mayhem of their lives a little bit easier to weed through.

Today I am quiet and comfortable in my heart - as I feel my path is becoming clearer and clearer. The voices that tell me no, no, no -- are slowly becoming yes yes yes. Do it. Enrolling in classes at Portland School of Art this summer will help me define my path and help turn those dreams into realities. 

What I do know, today....

I want to: 

make art. 
play with art. 
share my art. 
teach art. 

I hope you find comfort in art today -- have a wonderful Monday! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post...I can't wait to hear about your plans! This journal page is sooooo beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous page, the colours are so beautiful and inspirational. And I love your Mantra! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning journal page Catherine - I just love everything about it. I would want to frame it for my best room.

    I can't believe you have doubts about your art - you are so good at making, playing, sharing and teaching it. And we all benefit from that. Just loving the new course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful page. I am no where near as talented as you are, but I share your feelings about art. I have a lot of health issues and many days cannot get out of bed, and I find so much solace in art and creating things. There is something so joyful, meditative and peaceful about it.

    I am glad you are finding comfort in your love of art because your talent needs to shared with us all!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.