Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Sunday, June 27

Hybrid 4th of July Inspiration

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I'm a traditional scrapbooker in that I love the feel, texture and dimension that I can get when I work with paper, ribbon and whatever else I can find to throw on my page.

Working solely in digital doesn't allow me to get my fingers dirty - but I also love playing with my computer. I don't know who discovered hybrid scrapbooking - but they are awesome - and it's the perfect solution to my dilemma of wanting to play with paper AND my computer!

Usually I edit my photos and create my journaling on my computer. But, I did some different things on this 4th of July page I created for Spotted Canary.

Look at the background paper, the one with the checks on it - now LOOK really close - you can see that it's really a photo that I did some fun things to in Photoshop Elements 7. Now, look at the photo in the center of the page - the one of the fireworks - it's the same photo that I used to make my patterned paper - the one with the checks on it in the background behind the photos.

It came out really cool, if you want the complete instructions on how I created this page, the background photo and get the supply list, you can find all of these here (and more great inspiration) - at the Spotted Canary site.

Just in case you were wondering, the star on the top center row of photos is really a lemon tart decorated with blueberries and rasperries - and it was delicious!

In other Spotted Canary news, I'll be hosting the July Challenge over in the Challenge section of the Spotted Canary Forum - I hope you'll fly on over and play along - it's going to be fun. Check back for the details of the Challenge on July 1st - or just check the forum.

I've got a busy two or three days so I don't think I will have a chance to post until the end of the week. I hope you had a great weekend - THANKS for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Great page Catherine! I actually started Scrapbooking digitally - a few years ago - but before long I was doing it with paper ... and then paint and fabric and the rest of it!!! So much fun, can't imagine doing a complete digital layout nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Cat! LOOK how your boy had GROW! ahhh... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! Each piece is a joy to look at! Suzan

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.