Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Wednesday, June 6

ideas to reality….part 2


you might remember this piece of art I started, way back there last week. I certainly remember it -- and have been spending a LOT of time loving on it. layer after layer after layer of paint, stencils, modeling paste. brush it on, sand it off. leave a little. add a little more. over and over again.
Kind of like the Karate Kid movie -- wax on wax off.

I wanted to build up a LOT of layers.

but maintain the focal image -- that brush cleaning practice that caught my eye on my table.
a few minutes here, there -- everywhere since last week. I brought it to completion a dozen times and then decided it wasn't done 11 of them. Each time afraid that I might over-work it. Starting to fall in love with it -- then hating it. then loving it again. love hate. hate love. isn't that a huge part of life?

I must have changed the newsprint on my table a dozen times too -- thinking I was done just to come back and do some more. It just didn't tell me it was done. It didn't feel done. I couldn't leave it, not until it was ready.
 
Now, I finally believe it is done. Ready to take flight and go to it's new home. I hope it's loved. I hope the person on the other end will know how much thought, effort -- paint and sand paper and modeling paste and stencil love I put into this and love it as much as they can. 

so with that, think about the effort you put into life -- art -- family and relationships -- and just when you think they might be done -- breathe new life into them and love them some more. 

Thanks for stopping by -- hope you have a wonderful day! 

 

1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.