Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Tuesday, June 19

a great Reminder...

With the end of school field trips, planning for the summer work -- and traveling here and there -- plus mentoring a fellow designer PLUS the other work I do I haven't had much time to create in my journal -- or energy for that either! One evening last week I wanted to do something -- and not make a mess so I decided to re-strung a favorite bracelet.

I made the original bracelet -- with a different charm (a faux tintype) a few years ago and the clasp broke. It's been sitting in my jewelry bag since then waiting. patiently. for the perfect thing to come along. When I went to Brimfield with my sweet friend Hannah -- the right thing came along.
I stuck with the same color scheme - but took the old tin type off and made the entire bracelet longer. 
 I really love the button -- a Green Girl Studios button -- it's a mermaid.
 If I wrap it twice I can use it as a necklace, like a choker.
 But if I wrap it 4 times it's a beautiful wrapped bracelet.
 And, each time I look down at my wrist it's a reminder to continue to believe in my path -- to follow my dreams and reach for the stars. If I can believe in Mermaids I can believe in myself, my talents and everything else that's fantastic and wonderful!
With that, I leave you with this thought -- today I start my first class at Maine College of Art -- Drawing for Illustrators. Never stop believing in yourself, even when the going gets tough and it's hard to make your dreams a reality -- keep on -- you can do it -- you just have to take the first step!

Yes, my dream is to illustrate -- draw -- paint -- tell stories with my drawings -- and today is the first step in making that dream happen. I truly believe it will too. Thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous bracelet...get back to making art...it makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bracelet is just stunning. And yay for you on starting at the College of Art - you are going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.