Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Thursday, January 19

What a relief!

I've been growing out my hair for the last 3 or 4 years. I started because my husband commented one day that he wished I would grow my hair out - and so I started. It's been driving me CRAZY for quite some time, and what really is the point of having long hair if you always pull it away from your face. I get paint and gel medium in it pulling it away from my face as I work - their were LONG hairs everywhere -- and it generally made me crazy and feel like an old woman with long grey hair. My original goal was to donate it to locks of love -- but I just couldn't wait for another 2 inches to grow.

Needless to say -- I've been wanting to get my hair cut for a while -- just wasn't sure exactly what I wanted and didn't really have the courage to go for it.

Yesterday -- was THE DAY. I am so happy I feel like me again, what a total relief. The husband was a little like, wow -- it's short -- but I think he'll get used to this -- and not having long grey hair in everything will also be a total relief too! ;-)

In other news, I continue to flutter around the house/studio working on Mixed Media Collage that starts next Wednesday -- I feel like I am so behind and piled up with work it's not funny. Hair yesterday, appointment today, shopping tomorrow --- eeeek! I guess I work better under pressure, LOL!
This is a "reject" well maybe not a "reject" in the real sense of the word --  but collage material for later lessons in Mixed Media Collage at My Creative Classroom. 
While each night I plan to work -- I get caught up with the dang television and a glass of wine and never make it to the studio. TONIGHT I must work. NO exceptions - because I've got a lot of work to do before CHA next week!

Well, speaking of that -- I've got to run. Hope you have a great day - and do something drastic today -- it is definitely invigorating! Thanks for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the cut...laughing because I've let my grey hair grow long and I'm liking it right now...but...you know how that goes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hair style Catherine! I have never looked back since getting my long hair cut (very) short about 10 years ago. I still have bad hair days, but it doesn't take a minute to splash it with water and get the hair dryer on it!

    I love the "reject"!

    Take the glass of wine into the studio tonight ........

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.