Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Saturday, January 7

2011 Year in Review: Chicken

Chicken, yes I am. But I don't want to be, ha ha. Last fall I had a re-run of an Image Transfer Class that I taught -- and one of my students from Australia couldn't find any Martha Stewart magazines to play with, and I had some duplicates that I tore pages out of and sent them to her. I couldn't part with this chicken, REALLY -- it's an awesome Chicken! ha ha. 

I decided since I was trying to break through and not be such a chicken in the art department and want to get myself and my stuff out there more -- that I would use this on my second spread in Julie's class and give myself a pep-talk about being a big chicken. 

I tried to duplicate the wash from the first day, and ended up loving this one more. See, mistakes do happen for a reason.I'm not sure I would have tried to duplicate this technique if my page from the previous day had worked out. 

I worked a little bit each day -- cause I was crunched for time that week. I hate being crunched for time but I do it to myself -- ALL the time. I forgot to take pictures for a few days -- so we'll get right to the end next. oooops. 

While I don't LOVE the way this page turned out, I do love the message and feelings I got out. And I love the chicken. Gotta love him. Oh, and I love cows too. Not real ones; just pictures and paintings of them. 

Really, what do you have to lose anyway? Nothing. What have to you to gain?? EVERYTHING! 

The letter stamps I used are from Inkadinkado -- and the "9" was a chipboard letter that I applied black acrylic paint and stamped it on there. It's fun making do with what you have. 

So, what are you doing today that's artful? Take a moment and make a doodle on a napkin or scrap of paper -- or tear out some pretty pictures from a magazine and make a collage out of them -- anything to feed that creative fire inside you! 

Thanks for stopping by -- and have a WONDERFUL week! 

2 comments:

  1. I loved this page when you posted it...I can't wait until all the CHA projects are complete so I can get back to my art journal! Next year when I'm retired...it's on! I can create whenever I feel like, not by a schedule of just a few min. here & there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh..I love this...You have me inspired! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.