Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Thursday, January 5

2011: Year in Review: Art Post #3

I don't get a lot of time to make art for myself, but I do make a lot of it. Mostly I create art on canvases and wood boards for the classes I teach at My Creative Classroom -- and they end up in a box in my studio -- because I can't bear to part with it. Making art is very rewarding to me -- parting with it -- not so much. I usually end up giving it away to friends I know who will give it a lovely home -- because I can't bear the thought of it going unloved in a box in my studio, my walls are only so big, ha ha. I also have a thing about  hanging my own art on my walls....don't ask -- ha ha. 

Since most of these pieces are still in a box being unloved, I thought I would share a few of my favorites so you can love them ;-) 
This is a Mixed Media collage piece (on watercolor paper)  that I experimented with for an upcoming class.
A Mixed Media Encaustic piece that I absolutely LOVE -- and yes it's in the box. ;-)
Another Mixed Media Encaustic piece that needs some finishing touches -- brighter colors -- but I haven't had time. 
Mixed Media Collage, delicious colors -- and it's only 8 x 8 -- but not in the box. I gave it to a lovely friend for her birthday and she loves it.
Bluebells -- but I decided they needed to be pink. Loving pink lately!  It's my pink flamingo, ha ha. 
I hope that you'll be brave and share your art with your family and friends -- either by inviting them into your place of art or give it to them for a birthday, anniversary or wedding -- any special occasion or no occasion at all! I always feel that giving a piece of art is better than a store bought gift because I am giving the recipient a piece of me -- and my heart. It's easy to go to the store and buy something -- but it's not so easy to make art! Plus -- a visit to the mall takes a little bit of time and creating a masterpiece has so much thought, effort and love put into it. So much better than a sweater or pair of shoes, in my opinion that is! 

Anyway, thanks for stopping by -- and thank you all for your lovely comments about my Creative JumpStart video yesterday, they were all very heartfelt and meant a lot to me! If you can't see the video you may have to register! Have an ART day everyday. 

2 comments:

  1. Love that encaustic sunflower - such vibrant colours. Your video (yeah I'm behind) was lovely - I liked your musical taste. The kinks are a fav here but then we are in London :-)

    Art journaling is on my list of things to try this year, I always shy away as I am not a messy artist but I love the idea. Thanks for being part of the jump start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE all of these Catherine. I would have every piece hanging on the walls here! Thank you for sharing.

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.