Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Monday, April 18

Literally, 10 minutes!!

I needed a tag for a very special birthday gift today -- and literally had 10 minutes to spend making it. Between a few last minute things for a work project, finishing up SAID birthday present and spending time dilly-dallying over my morning tea that's all that was left.

After a quick shuffling through a basket stuffed with tags - I grabbed a shipping tag that my dear friend Vic sent me eons ago. She sent me a bunch and I've been hoarding them. I think she made it with Glimmer Mist -- WAY before Glimmer Mist was cool. I also grabbed a fun birthday stamp set that I got when I went to visit the EK Success offices last fall, a black StazOn stamp pad and a blue Distress Ink and some Wax markers. Well, I shouldn't say I grabbed really -- everything except the tag and stamp set was scattered across my work table from other things I worked on over the weekend. I didn't even think about what I was going to do, I just grabbed - inked - and stamped and colored. And the best thing, it can be re-gifted -- or re-used because I didn't put her name on it!

Really, that kraft gift bag needed dressing up -- I just couldn't give that special gift with no tag, ribbon or button. It looked awful and like something I brought home from the grocery store!

Anyway, the tag (and the gifts) were a hit. I made a bird feeder from a tea cup (google diy tea cup bird feeder for instructions, that's what I did) and I also gave her one of the pretty wax collages I made a few weeks ago. Moral of the story -- choose to spend 10 minutes making something special instead of buying something premade and probably printed somewhere else! Crafting a gift for someone you know will appreciate it is so much better than a gift card or a gift from Macy's makes you feel so good.....not that shopping at Macy's doesn't make me feel good, LoL.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, hope you have a great rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.