Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Wednesday, May 26

Back in the Studio

I've always loved the look of chipboard attached to a canvas or album cover and then painted over for a cool monochromatic effect. I've seen quite a few different projects done with this technique, but was inspired to make this canvas from a sweet little canvas I saw on this blog, the Pink Couch. I decided right away that I wanted to make one - and ended up making 2 - one for me and one for my friend Karen's birthday. You can see her initials here and there - but there are NO hidden messages at all, I promise.

Here's the finished one - after about 10 layers of paint, gesso and crackle medium.

It came out perfectly, I can't wait to hang it with the other canvases I made in my Wire, Paint and Paper class. I hope that Karen likes hers!

It felt good to make something for myself for a change! I need to make a regular habit of it!

Thanks for stopping by on this lovely Monday. Enjoy your evening!

2 comments:

  1. I stared at my beautiful new canvas for HOURS last night and this morning! I LOVE IT!!! It looks like handmade paper and I am so lucky to have it to admire for the rest of my life! I will bring it to the nursing home when the time comes so that everyone knows that I once had very cool friends :) THANK YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, this does look fabulous, thanks for sharing the creative inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.