Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Friday, April 17

Field Trip...

Yesterday my friend Loretta and I went on a field trip to Rockland, about an hour or a little bit more up the coast. The weather was perfect for rock and sea glass hounding, checking out lighthouses and a picnic on a deck on a lovely island near Rockland. We left as soon as the boy had gotten on the bus and got home about 8:30 ish. It was certainly a long day, but we really enjoyed everything that the day blessed us with. In the evening we met several of Loretta's friends at a restaurant in Rockland called Rustica. It was lovely, and so was the Italian wine I had. I think it was Italian...now I can't remember.

What a great sign post.....lobster buoys on Lobster Lane.....

This is Loretta looking for cool rocks to bring home. We had a lot of fun searching for rocks on this little beach at Owl's Head Lighthouse. The rocks had been sitting in the sun all morning/afternoon so they were warm on our bottoms, so the cool breeze didn't feel so cool.

I made stacks of flat rocks seeing how many I could stack before they fell over. I could do that all day long! The stacks of rocks are called Inukshuks the description I found on them is this: Ancient symbols of Inuit culture traditionally used as landmarks and navigation aids, these stone statues represent a human form with outstretched arms and serves as a well-known symbol of northern hospitality and friendship. I think mine stray a bit from the traditional form, but it's still calming and fun to stack and stack and stack!
Owl's Head Light.
A scene from Rackliff Island where we found lots of sea glass.

A cemetary that we visited that had lots of cools head stones, and the bare trees framed the paths beautifully!

A remnant from last fall....
Another lighthouse, can't remember what it was called, but we found a ton of cool, round flat stones here!

A lovely heart shaped rock....It's going to look great in my garden!

Lobster boats in Port Clyde.
It was a lovely day - can't wait until the next one! Thanks for visiting, and have a great weekend...i'll be back on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. OH... man... I so need to get there!!! What fun!
    I am LOVING your photo of your stacked rocks so much! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pics cat. looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.