Copyright

All photos. ©2005 - 2014 : Catherine Matthews-Scanlon / Catherine Scanlon Designs unless stated otherwise. All rights reserved. Please do not use, copy, or reproduce the photos from this website for any reason without my express permission. THANK you!
______________________________________________________________________________________

To find my stamps on-line or near you, check out the new page on my blog, over on the left at the bottom of the list! If you carry my stamps and want to be added to the list leave a comment with your store information and I will add you to the growing number or stores that carry my products!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!

Merrymeeting Art House, my on-line classroom!
Merrymeeting Art House is open for enrollment, click on the image to see the classes I'm offering right now!!

Sunday, February 4

Amanda, Vic, Gretchen, Martha, Vickie and so many more!

I had such a busy and what I felt productive week in California I just can't imagine where to begin!! First, I got to have lunch with Vic, Amanda and Gretchen from ScrapMuse on one day - and then lunch with Amanda and Gretchen on the others - and dinner at this fabulous Italian spot with A and G again. I so loved all the laughs we had - thanks for the Lemon Drop Mikey!! :-) The buzz of the show was Martha Stewart for sure - and it was no disappointment for me!! AT first I refused to pay $50.00 for a ticket - but my gal Dani came through and I experienced her Key Note first hand, free wine and cheese, giggling next to Susan and Gloria - the founders of Adornaments and so much more - it surely was a good thing. But the best part about Martha - well, two things - I got to give her a lesson on how to use the EK Success Cutterpede (yes - one on one with Martha for about 5 minutes. We stood side by side, I thought she would have been taller! She looks great for her age if you ask me!) I also spent some time with her Creative Director Hannah Millman (who, BTW is a brilliant creative person!) and other members of her creative team. My Martha experience was one to remember - keep a lookout for a scrapbook page from me using the paper she cut under my instruction! Another highlight was meeting Vickie Howell from the popular DIY show Knitty Gritty. I watched her (and took pictures for Danielle) filming a segment for an upcoming show. In case you aren't familiar - she comes on HGTV weekdays from like 11:oo to 11:3o. I surely have stars in my eyes! I also saw Bernie Berlin and Suzy from Canvas Concepts walk by the booth, had dinner with Debbie Hodge, hobnobbed with Suzy Ratto, and I THINK I sat on the plane in front of Falyn Cahill. It truly was a great time.

The show was productive in that I made lots of great things for EK using the new products. The Simply Classic line practically makes itself - I made 4 12 x 12 layouts, a card, a block photo holder and something else - ALL in one day. On my floater day I made some giftie things for the Michael's website. I always love rooming with Carla - and seeing Elizabeth, and Becky is always a great time. Danielle is so funny. Oh, and I got carded at OUtback one night....that must have been the highlight of the show!! I also learned how to use the Circle Scissor Plus, ladies this is a must have tool! I also brought home lots of new products from EK that I can't wait to use.

Anyway, as soon as I get some of the pictures of my Martha gig I'll post them! Until then - you'll have to imagine how nervous I was!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cat - how awesome!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at CHA - I wish I could have been there and have lunch with you girls! Can't wait to see more photos! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.