Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Sunday, October 19

Food…….as always

I think I am as creative in the kitchen as I am in the studio. Sometimes I think about a recipe or particular food I want to cook for days. Even weeks. I do spend a lot of time thinking about how best to make something yummy for my family. I'm not afraid to try something new, I often think that if I wasn't teaching art in the studio for my career I should have been in the kitchen.

But then again, I often just make it up at the last minute because I didn't take the time to plan out dinner and we should be eating soon because our man-boy is starving. For those times I cross my fingers and hope for the best. 

I recently made this amazing raw beet salad. No recipe -- just things that had been bouncing around in my head (much like how a piece of art comes together for me)  fusing themselves together until I was ready to make them for supper.



For this recipe I used a mandolin to matchstick cut: 3 freshly picked and Scrubbed Beets, 1 Macintosh apple and 1/2 of a vidalia onion. I also minced 1 tablespoon of ginger. Then I combined the fresh fruit/veggies  with: 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon coconut sugar and let them sit on the counter for an hour or so while I cooked the rest of the dinner. You could also add carrot, red cabbage, cucumber or even daikon.

My husband STRONGLY dislikes beets and was a little put-off that I would even serve it to him for dinner. ha ha. He went back for seconds and couldn't stop saying how good it was.

Now, if only I could get my BiBimBap to look this good!


Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.