Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, February 19

There are Always Flowers

When I saw this quote from Matisse it really resonated with me. I'm always noticing flowers - whether they are real, fake or just in patterns that I like. They jump out at me and I find myself analyzing their structure and the best way to draw them.

Honestly, I think I've always loved flowers, even before I started drawing them I was growing them. In 1994 I started my true love affair with flowers when I planted my first perennial garden, now it's a bit of an obsession - maybe that's why I love the quote so much.


Anyway, I thought you would like this little sampler I made using my stamps from Art Gone Wild,  I really love the way it turned out. I stamped the images with Archival Ink and used a mix of watercolor paints, colored pencils, Tombow Dual Tip Markers and Distress Paints to add color. It reminds me of a vintage style book illustration. 

I listed some small canvases in my Etsy shop yesterday, you can find a link over on the left -- if you are interested that is I'd love for you to check them out. I have more to list, but starting small for now.

Thanks for dropping by -- have a wonderful day. 


1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.