Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Wednesday, February 19

There are Always Flowers

When I saw this quote from Matisse it really resonated with me. I'm always noticing flowers - whether they are real, fake or just in patterns that I like. They jump out at me and I find myself analyzing their structure and the best way to draw them.

Honestly, I think I've always loved flowers, even before I started drawing them I was growing them. In 1994 I started my true love affair with flowers when I planted my first perennial garden, now it's a bit of an obsession - maybe that's why I love the quote so much.


Anyway, I thought you would like this little sampler I made using my stamps from Art Gone Wild,  I really love the way it turned out. I stamped the images with Archival Ink and used a mix of watercolor paints, colored pencils, Tombow Dual Tip Markers and Distress Paints to add color. It reminds me of a vintage style book illustration. 

I listed some small canvases in my Etsy shop yesterday, you can find a link over on the left -- if you are interested that is I'd love for you to check them out. I have more to list, but starting small for now.

Thanks for dropping by -- have a wonderful day. 


1 comment:

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.