Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Wednesday, February 26

Card Classes at My Creative Classroom

I know some of my students at MCC may have thought I fell off the face of the earth in January, but I didn't. I just closed my classes for enrollment. I was tired, plain worn out and needed a break. Plus, with CHA at the beginning of the month and 2 classes away from home I really really needed to take the time and gather my thoughts.

Now that I'm all refreshed and raring to go I'm back. Most of my classes are open for enrollment again -- and I'm also happy to say that these two classes are now self-paced classes. Meaning, you can work at your own pace. Take your time to complete the lessons or watch them all at once, the choice is yours.

I've embedded the link right in the photo, so all you need to do to enroll is click on the link to go on over to My Creative Classroom. You can also copy and paste this in your browser to go directly to the Enrollment Page at MCC: http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=698 

 ________________________________________
Artful Cards One $35.00

http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=698

In this 5 Lesson course Catherine will teach you the art of creating Mixed Media Artful Cards using a mix of artful and creative techniques she has perfected over the years.

In each of the 5 lessons Catherine will teach you a creative technique to use in your card-making and then will demonstrate that technique in several unique and creative ways on your greeting cards. At the end of the course you will have amassed an arsenal of beautiful and creative cards for many basic occasions.

Techniques will include:
  • Fun Stamping Techniques
  • Hand and Machine Sewing
  • Die-Cutting
  • Layering
  • Mixing Art Supplies with your Cards
  • Watercolor Techniques
  • Stencils
  • Creating Custom Background Papers
  • Image Transfers
  • Creating Interactive Cards
     
     _______________________________________
    Artful Cards Two $35.00
http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=774

Join Catherine Scanlon in the second workshop of her popular Artful Cards series. In this amazing and creative boot camp style workshop she will share TONS of artsy, mixed media techniques that you can use in your cardmaking, art journaling and any other mixed media projects. Each of the lessons in this 10 lesson workshop will begin with a technique-based video where Catherine will discuss the tools and supplies you'll need for the technique followed by a step-by-step demonstration and hints for success to teach you the technique. After the technique demonstration Catherine will share with you a complete video tutorial to follow to create a beautiful card based on what you learned. Each card and technique will have a Quick Reference Guide that you can print for later reference.

I've embedded the link right in the photo, so all you need to do to enroll is click on the link to go on over to My Creative Classroom. You can also copy and paste this link in your browser to go directly to the Enrollment Page at MCC: http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=774

Techniques will include:
  • Mono-printed backgrounds
  • Embossing folder techniques
  • Custom embossing folders
  • DIY Core'dinations/sandable cardstock
  • Layered embossed stencil backgrounds
  • DIY layered embellishments
  • Creating custom sentiments with Microsoft Word
  • Stamped polymer clay embellishments
  • Stamping techniques
  • Beginner sewing on paper techniques (machine and hand)
While the tools and supplies for this workshop may be extensive, I've supplied a separate downloadable supply checklist/shopping list in the classroom for you to use as you look over your supplies to see what you already have. You'll be surprised at what you have tucked away in all those storage bins and drawers. Feel free to make substitutions so you can use your supplies you have on hand before you purchase more.

And in case you are wondering if I'm a good teacher or not, I thought I'd share some of the student feedback I've received from in the Artful Cards classes:

  • "I felt that the content, instruction and delivery of the course was great. Thanks, I learned a lot."~Maryanne, MCC student
  • "I enjoy Catherine's easy way of teaching. She explains things really well and she is very approachable. I do enjoy that about her and her really easy style. I will take other courses that are offered by Catherine. Thanks very much for your lovely style of teaching."~Carol, MCC student
  • "I love her (Catherine's) courses. I've taken many including "Artful Cards." I luckily saw this one, too. I met her at the two classes she was teaching at KEPT Creations in Whitman, MA. I really liked her and she clarified a few of the things I was confused about. I told her I never complete her classes the first time around but enjoy going back over them many times during the Extended period. I am signed up for her Artful Journal online and am taking another of her lengthier classes at KEPT Creations on the 4th of May. She's a fabulous teacher."~Mimi, MCC student
  • "As always, Catherine's creative ideas and her style of teaching and clear, concise explanations and illustrations. I have enjoyed every class I have taken from Catherine. She has a way of explaining techniques that makes it easy and enjoyable to try them and she inspires confidence to try them!!"~Barbara, MCC student  

I hope to see you in class, and please let me know if you have any questions!