Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Tuesday, February 18

Do Small Things with GREAT Love!

Colored Pencils or Watercolor Pencils? How about both? In this Project  Life card I created using my Art Gone Wild Stamps I layered analagous colors (colors that are next to each other on the color wheel) using my  Caran D'Ache colored pencils to create the rich colors of the flower.

For example, take a look at the center of the flower. See how it looks dimensional even though it's not. To get this effect I colored the center of the flower with a light yellow colored pencil and then layered darker shades of yellow and yellow-orange and finally orange on top to create that look.


I used the same technique using pinks for the petals and greens for the leaves. In the background I switched over to watercolor pencils. The original intention was to use a water brush to smooth out the pencil lines for a true mixed media look but I liked the way it looked so I decided to leave it.

In the example below, Live Simply -- I did just that. The mix of bright colors from the colored pencils and watery fluid look from the blue in the background creates a truly unique look!


If you are a card maker and interested in learning how I create cards inspired by my art supplies then you will definietly be interested in these two classes I have over at My Creative Classroom. Take a minute to check out my Self-Paced classes - ready for enrollment -- over at My Creative Classroom:


http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=698


http://www.mycreativeclassroom.com/course/info.php?id=774

Thanks for dropping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.