Creative Jumpstart 2021

Creative Jumpstart 2021
Join me for the 10th Anniversary of CJS2021

Monday, February 17

The Importance of Daily Practice


I always tell my students that if they commit to practicing their art (or craft) every day for a certain period of time they will see definite results from when they started to when they finished. I decided to prove it to them.

At the beginning of January I started drawing everyday. The criteria when I first started was that it be on notebook paper so I didn't fall in love with my practice AND I had to use a pen. As the days turned to weeks though, I did start to fall in love with my practice drawings and switched over to a pencil.

While these are mostly in order -- you can certainly see an improvement from when I started on January 1 to just yesterday.

While things are getting busy for me, I certainly plan on  filling my little notebook with more and more daily practice drawings. You can see them, as I post them on Instagram -- so come follow me -- there's a link over on the left of the screen!

THANK you so much for stopping by, have a WONDERFUL day. I do hope you will commit to your practice so you can see that drawing can be a learned skill and you can teach yourself to draw!

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful. How long do is take to do one of the pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey -- it depends. Sometimes they just happen and I complete them in 30 minutes and sometimes I work on them when I have 10 or 15 minutes here and there all day. THANKS for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, you have given me motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.