Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!

Find my stamps at Art Gone Wild!
You can now purchase all of my stamps directly from Art Gone Wild! Click on the image to see what's new!

Monday, February 17

The Importance of Daily Practice


I always tell my students that if they commit to practicing their art (or craft) every day for a certain period of time they will see definite results from when they started to when they finished. I decided to prove it to them.

At the beginning of January I started drawing everyday. The criteria when I first started was that it be on notebook paper so I didn't fall in love with my practice AND I had to use a pen. As the days turned to weeks though, I did start to fall in love with my practice drawings and switched over to a pencil.

While these are mostly in order -- you can certainly see an improvement from when I started on January 1 to just yesterday.

While things are getting busy for me, I certainly plan on  filling my little notebook with more and more daily practice drawings. You can see them, as I post them on Instagram -- so come follow me -- there's a link over on the left of the screen!

THANK you so much for stopping by, have a WONDERFUL day. I do hope you will commit to your practice so you can see that drawing can be a learned skill and you can teach yourself to draw!

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful. How long do is take to do one of the pages?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey -- it depends. Sometimes they just happen and I complete them in 30 minutes and sometimes I work on them when I have 10 or 15 minutes here and there all day. THANKS for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, you have given me motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments and thank you for taking the time to drop me a line.